The Edge Daily carries a story with the main points of the new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation signed between Proton and Mitsubishi.
- Product development of new Proton vehicles
- Supply of components between Proton and Mitsubishi
- Technical support for production, engineering and quality control from Mitsubishi to Proton and Proton’s vendors
How will Proton benefit from this partnership?
- Diversified product range with shorter time to market for development
- Plug holes in production line-up, mainly for MPV and luxury car segments
- Use of Mitsubishi parts
- Technical support and QC help by Mitsubishi
What’s in it for Mitsubishi?
- Manufacturing facilities at Proton Tanjung Malim, which is sort of good for Proton too as QC at the factory will have to be up to Mitsubishi’s standards.