The new facelifted Lexus GS300 is already on sale in Malaysia, right after the facelift was unveiled at the 2008 Detroit Motor Show just earlier this month.
What’s obvious is the exterior changes and the minor interior change (button relocations, etc) as previously highlighted in the facelift announcement blog post, so I will highlight some other technical enhancements in this blog.
- Increase in steering rigidity for improved direct road feel.
- Improved front suspension bushings for comfort and road holding.
- Underbody reinforcement for increased body response to steering input.
- Underbody aerodynamics improved for more stabler highs peed driving.
- 330W 14-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Surround System with in-dash 6-CD DVD player now has aux input for your iPod and other music players.
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management which uses input from various sensors to anticipate an impending vehicle instability such as a skid, and uses a combination of brakes, throttle and steering control to avoid a mishap.
Another interesting change is that the dashboard fonts have been changed to a new standard Lexus font. This is for branding and a “family feel”, which is important as Lexus establishes its identity in a market filled with luxury automakers that have very long histories and heritage.
Lexus has sold a total of 83 units of the Lexus GS300 last year. The new 2008 facelifted Lexus GS300 costs RM408,800.00, OTR without insurance.
More photos after the jump.