Competitive Supreme Sdn Bhd recently entered their new Ssangyong Actyon SUT into the Rainforest Challenge Terengganu 2007. The SsangYong Adventure Squad consisted of driver Mr. Francis Khoo and co-driver Encik Mohd Sharul Bahrin, team manager Mr. Stiven Sim, a technical team consisting of Ho Siong Peng, Liau See On, Simon Sim, Chan Meng Wai, Kamal and Ken Chin, and of course a Ssangyong Actyon Sports SUT with some technical upgrading to meet the minimum technical requirements for participating vehicles according to the challenge rules.
Here is a list of technical upgrades:
- 3 inch body-lift
- Heavy duty coil springs and shock absorbers.
- Mud terrain tyres – Simex Extreme Centipede â€“ 32″ x 9.5″ x15″
- Custom built front bullbar.
- Reinforced rear towing points.
- Heavy duty Side Steps.
- Rear Deck Roll Bar complete with Hi-lift Jack and spare Tyre-Mount.
- Front cabin Roll Bar.
- Racing Seats with 5-point safety harnesses for the driver and co-driver.
- Removal of rear seats and floor carpet.
- Large survival box mounted in the rear cabin.
- Warn Winch – 8274 rear mounted with plasma rope
- Warn Recovery Set
- Heavy Duty Ground Anchor
The Actyon SUT completed all the Special Stages successfully before the Elephant Mud-hole and clocked one of the fastest times in the Special Stage 4 during the Prologue Stage.
UPDATE: There was some errors in the blog post before this, it has been corrected!