Nasim – the new Peugeot distributor in Malaysia – has released some initial specifications for the upcoming locally assembled version of the Peugeot 407.
- Xenon headlamps with automatic levelling
- 17 inch alloy wheels
- Premium 240 watt JBL 8.1 sound system with boot-mounted subwoofer
- Electrically-adjustable front seats
- Leather seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Dual zone climate control
- Safety features include ABS, EBD, EBA, ESP, DSC, pre-tensioner seat belts, ISOFIX points for seats and a 5 star EuroNCAP crash test score
Expected price tag is quoted to be not more than RM135,000 for the 2.0 litre model, which is quite decent for the high-ish equipment level. These are just indicative specs at the moment of course.
The locally assembled Peugeot 407 will be badged with the lion badge and not the Naza badge, so I guess the 206 Bestari is a one off thing.