BMW has released full details on the new BMW 3-Series Sedan and Touring facelift. The following are the full list of changes for the 2009 facelifted model.
- A new front end comprising of a new front kidney grille, a new bumper, and headlamps with new internal graphics including LED turn signals.
- The rear end is made to look broader thanks to more detailed lines. The rear headlamps now return to the classic L shape and have new lense graphics.
- The side profile has different wing mirrors.
- The power window control panel has been changed slightly for ergonomics purposes. BMW also says there are new cubby holes to store things.
- The iDrive system has been updated with an 8.8 inch display and the new enhanced iDrive with 3D navigation graphics and a web browser using BMW ConnectedDrive (GPRS and EDGE) is available. Navigation storage no longer uses DVD but a 80GB hard drive, which can also store music files.
- The BMW 330d gets the new N57 inline-6 VGT turbodiesel with an all-aluminium engine block that made its debut in the F01 BMW 730d. This produces 245hp at 4,000rpm and a peak torque of 520Nm from 1,750-3,000rpm. Optional is BMW BluePerformance cat converter for EU 6 emissions compliance.
- All petrol engines are equipped with BMW’s direct injection system called High Precision Injection.
- Certain models have a wider rear track by up to 24mm because of new wheel carriers and other modifications.
- xDrive all-wheel drive is now available for the 2.0 litre inline-4 engine in the 320xd.
- New EfficientDynamics features such as Automatic Start/Stop, Brake Energy Regeneration, Shift Point Display, automatic air intake flaps which vary the kidney grille air intake openings depending on needs to improve aerodynamics and thus fuel economy.
Also included in the facelift announcement is the official addition of a 7-speed double clutch transmission for the 335i Coupe and 335i Convertible. Look after the jump for a full high-resolution photo gallery of the facelifted E90 Sedan and E91 Touring.
PHOTO GALLERY: 2009 BMW 3-Series Facelift
Click thumbnails to view high resolution photo
VIDEO: BMW 3-Series Facelift Driving Footage – 335i
VIDEO: BMW 3-Series Facelift Driving Footage – 335d
VIDEO: BMW 3-Series Facelift Driving Footage – Interior