Our new Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has rolled out his new cabinet today, and the following are the few people of note to motorists, people whose policies affects motorists and car enthusiasts in Malaysia:
- Datuk Mustapa Mohamed, Minister of International Trade and Industry – has previously served the EPU. MITI affects industry policies such as automotive industry taxation and incentives
- Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir, Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry – his father hopes he will solve the issue of AP holders who sell their APs.
- Datuk Ismail Sabri, Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs – let’s see if the plan to switch to RON97, RON95 and Euro 2 diesel will happen under this new leadership. Or we could also see fuel moved to the new Green Tech ministry.
- Datuk Tan Lian Hoe, Deputy Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs.
- Datuk Peter Chin, Minister of Energy, Green Technology and Water – this new ministry replaces the Energy, Water and Communication ministry, will the Green Technology portfolio affect hybrid cars, electric cars, biofuel, etc?
- Noriah Kasnon – Deputy Minister of Energy, Green Technology and Water