Over in Indonesia, Nissan Motor Indonesia has announced the appointment of PT. Mitra Pinasthika Mustika Tbk (MPM) as its dealership partner – the brand states that expansion of its dealer network is to accommodate the increasing demand for its products as well as in preparation for the launch of the Datsun brand in Indonesia in 2014.
Nissan Indonesia is aiming to significantly increase the number of outlets from the 96 outlets currently operated by Indomobil and its partners. The expansion plan will see outlets operated by Indomobil and its partners covering approximately 80% (130-160 outlets) of the total Nissan/Datsun network nationwide, with MPM making up the remaining 20%.
A member of the Saratoga Group, one of the most successful investment companies in Indonesia, MPM is one of the country’s growing automotive players – the company has recorded double-digit financial growth over the past three years and has expanded its nationwide footprint to over 435 service points.
Nissan Motor Indonesia also stated that its manufacturing capacity will expand to 180,000 units per year by the end of 2013 with the completion of its new assembly plant in Purwakarta, West Java. Indonesia is one of the slated initial markets for the Datsun brand, of which the GO hatchback is the first product – India and Russia are the others.