Proton launched a special edition of the Proton Persona SE today, priced at RM59,800. The Persona SE is only available in two colours – Blue Haze and Brilliant Red. Like all new units of the Persona, the new Proton Persona SE is powered by the Campro IAFM engine which offers a smoother torque curve compared to the old Campro engine. It is only available with an automatic transmission.
The following are the differences in equipment for the special edition model:
- Leather-wrapped seats, steering wheel, gear knob and trim
- Meter panel from the GEN2 CPS
- Different alloy wheel design (15 inch)
- Cruise Control
- Smoked headlamps
- Silver matte door handles and front grille
- A bodykit consisting of front, side and rear skirts and a subtle spoiler
- A Proton-rebadged windscreen-mounted GPS navigation device
The GPS device loads its maps from an SD card, so it should be easy to replace the maps whenever there are updates. I noticed there were some points of interests loaded onto the map such as local restaurants so if you’re in an area you do not know and want to grab a quick bite the GPS should be quite useful in that sense.