Ford and Sime Darby Auto ConneXion has announced that all Focus, Mondeo, and Escape registered from the 1st of April 2010 onwards will enjoy complimentary Extended Service Plan (ESP) Premium Maintenance Coverage for 3 years or 60,000km. This covers all the following at no charge in addition to the 3 year or 100,000 warranty:
- Engine oil and filter changes
- Multi-point routine inspections
- Replacement of brake pads and brake linings when worn
- Replacement of shock absorbers
- Replacement of spark plugs
- Replacement of clutch discs
- Replacement of engine belts and hoses
- Replacement of wiper blades
This basically ensures all the wear and tear replacement items on your Fords under the ESP programme are covered free of charge during your first 3 years or 60,000km of Ford ownership.
This should give potential car buyers another reason to consider a Ford as most competitors only offer a warranty and you still have to pay for expensive oil changes at the official service centers, which you will be forced to go to in order to keep your warranty. Some may only offer free oil/filter changes or sometimes only free labour. Ford ESP covers the brake pads, spark plugs, wipers and etc as well.