Volvo Car Malaysia has launched the facelifted Volvo XC90 here in Malaysia, probably one of the only 7 seaters around that gets the approval of Jeremy Clarkson, who last I read is about to purchase his third unit soon.
The model offered here in Malaysia is the 2.5T model, and retails for RM349,500 OTR without insurance. Under the hood is a transversely-mounted 2.5 litre inline-5 turbocharged engine producing 210 horsepower and 320Nm of torque.
The new Volvo XC90 is available in four colours – Black Sapphire Metallic, Oyster Grey Pearl, Electric Silver Metallic and Shadow Blue Metallic. The three non-black colours are all-new for the XC90.
Volvo Cars Malaysia President Mr Robert Norrman has indicated that the new XC90 will also be available with a turbodiesel engine soon, if not immediately. The Volvo XC90 D5 uses an all-aluminium inline-5 turbodiesel engine producing 400Nm of torque and 185 horsepower, and is equipped with a 6-speed Geartronic automatic gearbox. The Volvo C30 will also hit our shores soon.
Continue reading for the changes with the facelift in terms of exterior and interior.
- Xenon headlamps
- Flush-fitted headlamp cleaning system
- Wing mirrors with integrated turn indicators
- Aluminium roof rails
- Colour coordinated side mouldings
- Colour coordinated door handles
- New front bumper
- New tail lamps with twin positioning bulbs and one brake bulb
- Metal trim above rear number plate
- New front grille
And the interior:
- New premium CD/MP3/WMA-capable sound system with aux input
- DSTC switch located on the indicator stalk
- New instrument dials
- Indicator and wiper stalk metal-look rings
- Metal look stripe on radio fascia
- Metal look inserts on air vents
- Metal look inserts on steering wheel
- New door handles with improved tactile feel
- New inner ceiling