The Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) has confirmed to us the renaming of eight roads in the city:
- Jalan Duta to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim
- Jalan Khidmat Usaha to Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
- Jalan Ipoh (from Jalan Segambut junction to Jalan Pahang junction) to Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah
- Persiaran Duta to Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin
- Jalan Khidmat Setia and Jalan Ibadah to Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
- Lebuhraya Mahameru to Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar
- Persiaran Mahameru to Persiaran Tuanku Ja’afar
- Jalan Semarak to Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra
UPDATE: KL mayor Ahmad Phesal has clarified that the correct new name for Jalan Duta is Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim and not Jalan Tunku Abdul Halim as stated in the press release.
These roads are now named after the current and past Yang di-Pertuan Agong. Work on the installation of new signboards will begin tomorrow (November 26), DBKL says.