The new facelifted version of the W164 Mercedes-Benz ML is now here in Malaysia from RM548,888 for the ML 350. Other than the 272 horsepower V6 ML 350, the 388 horsepower V8-powered ML 500 and the 510 horsepower ML 63 AMG will also be available but these are only for special orders.
Changes on the outside include a new bumper and new headlamps with a step in the lower edge, which continues below and around the front grille. The ML also has a new look for the underguard which makes the ML look wider.
On the rear, there is a new rear bumper, and an optional stainless steel underguard which can conceal the exhaust system.
There are also changes on the interior including door center panels that are now trimmed with ARTICO man-made leather. The in-car entertainment/telematics system has been updated to the latest version with LINGUATRONIC and also includes a charging function for multimedia devices connected to the USB port.
Look after the jump for a full list of details.
[zenphotopress number=99 album=255]
- All-new front-end design with prominent horizontal lines
- New radiator grille with three black louvres and chrome highlights (available in sterling silver look with chrome highlights as an option in the exterior sports package)
- New-look projection-beam headlamps
- New exterior mirrors with larger mirror surfaces
- New rear bumper
- Tail lights with darkened lenses (LED tail lights with clear-glass look as an option)
- Twin exhaust system with oval tailpipes (rectangular chromed tailpipes in the exterior sports package as an option, standard for V8)
- Roof rails included in standard specification
- Chrome trim strip in the rub strips (optional in the exterior sports package, standard for V8)
- Waistline trim strip in chrome (optional in the exterior sports package, standard for V8)
- Load sill guard on the rear bumper in chrome (optional in the exterior sports package, standard for V8)
- Exterior sports package with new, enhanced features such as aluminium-look roof rails
- Leather-trimmed dashboard in nappa leather or ARTICO man-made leather
- Door linings in ARTICO man-made leather
- New two-tone leather appointments
- Leather multifunction steering wheel in four-spoke design with shift paddles
- Seats with new design
- Three types of wood trim: burr walnut, poplar with bird’s-eye look or poplar in anthracite, with stowage compartment in dashboard console as standard
- Luggage cover in standard specification
- 4-way electrically adjustable lumbar support for driver and front passenger seats
- Trailer coupling, manually folding
- COMAND system with large colour display and new additional functions
- COMAND APS including hard-disc navigation, Music Register and voice-operated control
- Universal media interface for connecting an iPod and other audio devices
- LINGUATRONIC voice-operated control system with whole-word recognition capability
- Surround sound system with twelve speakers and an output of 610 watts
- Rear-seat entertainment system with larger screens and wireless headphones
- PRE-SAFE® as standard
- NECK-PRO head restraints as standard
- Fuel consumption reduced by up to 0.4 litres per 100 kilometres
- New 17, 18, 19 and 20-inch light-alloy wheels
- 19-inch 5-spoke light-alloy wheels standard for V8