PJ Traffic Jam

The traffic nightmare that ensued yesterday in Penang on Lebuhraya Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu as a result of road closures has cleared, The Star reports. Following a stop-work order which was issued by Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng on Monday night, the closed roads were reopened this morning.

Earlier this morning, traffic along that stretch was said to be smooth with many motorists reportedly still unaware that the roads had been reopened.

Dubbed Penang’s worst traffic jam, the crawl yesterday saw many being late for work, with some even missing flights due to the congestion on roads leading to Bayan Baru and Bayan Lepas, with a massive five kilometre-long jam on Lebuhraya Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu further exacerbated by congestion on Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah.

The traffic mayhem was said to be because of road closures along the Lebuhraya Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu for construction works. A stop-work order from 5.30 am to 10.30 am has been implemented, and no work will go on during this period.