PLUS is expecting traffic volume on the North-South Expressway to spike to 2.2 million vehicles during the two days before Hari Raya Aidilfitri, which is June 13 and 14, The Sun reports. The government has announced a 50% toll discount for the two days.

“For road users, I advise them to plan their journey accordingly to avoid the congestion and to arrive safely to their respective destinations,” said PLUS MD Datuk Azman Ismail, who added that the expected boost in traffic will be between 40% to 50% compared to a regular day’s 1.5 million users.

Azman said PLUS will place additional self service kiosks at various location along the highway for motorists to top up their Touch n Go cards. A total of 70 machines will be available before the festive season starts next week.

Besides the two-day 50% discount, it was also announced last week that toll collection will end at the Sungai Besi toll plaza for the Kuala Lumpur-Seremban Expressway and Salak Expressway (E37).