We now have more details on the new Proton Saga SE, which is positioned as a premium variant of one of Proton’s cheapest cars right now. The Saga SE continues using the 1.3 litre Campro IAFM engine that’s found in the rest of the Saga range except for the taxi model, so what exactly does “SE” mean? Here are the full details:
- Only two colours – brilliant red or solid white with a black finish roof top.
- New front, rear (with faux diffuser design) and side skirts.
- A new front grille with black finish.
- Leather seats, door trim and steering wheel
- Pearl white instrument cluster
- Dark chrome air-conditioning vents
- CD player with MP3 support
As previously mentioned, the Saga SE manual is priced at RM43,000 while the automatic transmission model is priced at RM45,500. It is available for booking now for RM500, but the cars will only be in the showrooms from the 15th of August 2009 onwards.
Look after the jump for more photos of the Saga SE.
[zenphotopress number=999 album=371]