The Honda BR-V was recorded a sales figure of close to 11,000 units within just six months of its launch, exceeding Honda Malaysia’s (HM) annual sales target for the model (10,000 units). The success of the seven-seat model has prompted HM to set a new sales target of 15,000 units, a 50% increase from the initial target for the BR-V for the remaining months of 2017.

According to the company, the range-topping V variant makes up the majority of sales at 80%, while the remaining 20% is contributed by the E variant. Customers also prefer Taffeta White (27%) and Modern Steel Metallic (25%) as their colour of choice when they order their BR-Vs, with Dark Ruby Red Pearl, Golden Brown Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic sharing similar sales percentages of 16% to 17%.

From a regional standpoint, the Klang Valley contributed the highest sales figures at 44%, with the Southern region recording 20% and the Northern region with 18%. The BR-V also helped boost HM’s sales figures in East Malaysia, achieving 10% of total sales and exceeding its initial target of 6% for the region.

Despite its popularity, HM assures customers that the expected delivery period for the BR-V remains at one to two months. The company is also doing what’s necessary to ensure prompt deliveries, and thanks customers for their patience and understanding.

Both variants of the BR-V are powered by a 1.5 litre SOHC i-VTEC engine providing 120 PS and 145 Nm of torque, with drive being directed to the front wheels via an Earth Dreams CVT. The E variant is priced at RM83,210 and the V variant is listed as RM90,010 (both prices are on-the-road without insurance).