The lucky guys at Autocar UK managed to take a preview ride in the next generation Honda Jazz (called the Honda Fit in Japan) that will be making it’s debut soon at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show late next month. We’ve seen what’s supposed to be Japanese brochures of the Fit earlier, but here are some hard facts about the car:
- The new Jazz is 55mm longer, 20mm wider, and has a 50mm longer wheelbase.
- Fuel tank position has been moved to allow for floor to be lower, resulting in better headroom despite the car not being taller
- Engines are based on the current L-series family and are not new smaller R-series engines, but the VTEC valvetrain has been improved and is now called i-VTEC
- 1.3L engine makes 99hp at 6,000rpm and 133Nm of torque at 4,500rpm
- 1.5L engine makes 118hp at 6,300rpm and 146Nm of torque at 4,800rpm
More details to be revealed when the car is officially unveiled at the motor show, but for the moment read Autocar’s writeup.