Italdesign Giugiaro has posted up on their website a different teaser image for the new Proton Hybrid Concept Car set to debut at Geneva during the press days at the end of this month/early next month. The image shows some kind of lamp – it’s specifically the ‘foglamps’ on the bumper of the concept car.
Just a recap on what the Proton concept car is:
- It is a creative collaboration between Proton and Italdesign Giugiaro.
- It will have five doors and four seats that are independently adjustable and slideable.
- It is 3,550 mm in length. That is about a good half meter longer than the Toyota iQ but shorter than the Savvy.
- The car will use a series hybrid drive. A combustion engine will be mounted at the front and will be used only to recharge lithium ion batteries. The batteries power a motor that turns the wheels.
- It uses a special chassis with a raised floor that allows installation of the combustion engine at the front and batteries in the rear
- The car was designed to offer interior spaciousness of a D-segment car with the exterior dimensions of an A-segment car.
- The hip point is designed to be at just the right natural and ergonomic height – you do not get down into the car like a short sedan or “climb” up into the car like an SUV.